#beatonsbod: Sam - the Mouse every kitchen wants!

Who are you and - if you're part of the team - what do you like/do you think you'll like best about your job?

My name is Sam and I am a cook at Blandford Beatons. I like presenting food to a good standard for our customers and I love how the tearooms always puts good quality service first.

What's your favourite edible or drinkable from our menu?

I really like the 'Alex' Soda, and it's fun to make! I am not supposed to have it very often though as I am trying to cut out sugar, but I can't resist! I also love the toasted tea cake, simple and tasty, like all the best things.


And how about your favourite book from our shelves?

I don't really get a chance to look at the books, it's always busy in the kitchen! I have seen some really lovely looking cookery books, so it would have to be one of those! 

Which of the ways we like to go about things at Beatons means most to you and why?
I like the generous value that we offer our customers, I mean the slices of cake we serve are huge!

If you were an animal, what would you be?


I didn't really know but fortunately someone did one of those online analysis quiz's on me and I came out a mouse! Apparently they are perceptive, independent and sensitive creatures and I'd love to be thought of as having those qualities. They are survivalists who are good at finding solutions to life’s challenges. Like a mouse in a maze, they use both instinct and logic to move ahead despite obstacles in their path!

[We never usually allow mice in our kitchens, but  think I could agree with this description of you! Ed.]

What do you like most about the most important person (or pet) in your life?
I can't choose one important person, but I love my boyfriend, my family and my friends, they are all important to me in different ways. Loyalty is definitely the most important trait I value in all of those close to me.