Beatons New Milton: Why New Milton?!

Hello

I’m Angela, the franchisee-in-waiting for New Milton in South Hampshire. I don’t live too far away so it’s a town I’ve been to many times. I’m absolutely thrilled ‘my Beatons’ will soon be gracing it, because New Milton has so much to offer (particularly if you live in the New Forest).

This is a long blog post – I’m told it’ll be the longest I’m likely to write so here goes... It’s more about what I like about New Milton than about Beatons. You’ll be able to enjoy ‘the Beatons experience’ in the New Year – we’ll keep you posted here and through the press. In the meantime, check out the other pages on the website for a visual feast!



First, I love the town because it’s so light, blossoming and airy! It has a happy feel to it and the amazing plantings by the Council look great.  Its wide pavements are perfect for those who are not-so-mobile – something I know all about as a former carer.

Of course, New Milton is incredibly central if you do happen to be a tourist (or even a commuter) boasting a mainline station, being a spit away from the beautiful Milford-on-Sea and the New Forest itself.

New Milton Water Tower
Although Beatons is a franchise, each one operates as an independent, so I’m really pleased New Milton is filled with independents like the 3rd generation butchers, T Bartlett and Sons (who are also part of a wonderful curing company called A Pinch of Salt Curing!) I’m tempted by the number of glittering jewellers, and some highly individual gift shops – I love crafts so Hand Made New Forest stands out,. And for 'Cecil-Beaton-worthy-elegance', Inspiration at the top of Station Road is a must.

Apart from the shops, I’m discovering New Milton has all kinds of societies and activities going on, which the average tourist is probably largely unaware of. And it's fortunate to still have a well-stocked local library, immaculately kept park and that unmistakable landmark – the Water Tower.

Oh yes! And although I’m not an avid motorcycle enthusiast, I understand it’s got one of the country’s foremost Motor Cycle collections – The Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum.

fNaturally, there’s also another big reason I’m so pleased to have settled on New Milton for my Beatons. I haven't found a bookshop there (or anywhere to enjoy the kind of ‘3-tiered afternoon tea experience’ with table service which all Beatons tearooms offer for that matter)!  Our book selection is ‘small but perfectly formed’ and may well save New Milton residents looking outside the town for their Christmas shopping.

Watch this space for news as to where and when we’ll be open and our charity launch activities.


Posted by Angela, Beatons New Milton



P.S. If you’d like to know when we start recruiting, please send me an e-mail – to angela@beatonstearooms.co.uk - and I’ll send you a link to the details when they’re posted.