#beatonsbod: Charles - a cool Blandford cat

Beatons Bod: Charles Collins

What's your role and what do you like best about your job?
Hi, I’m Charles, I work as a waiter in Blandford over the weekends. I have only just started working here and am enjoying learning to provide great service to customers and work well with the rest of the lovely Blandford team!

What's your favorite drink or edible from our menu?
I love the Italian hot chocolate, I have a sweet tooth and always have enough room for this delicious ‘desert-like’ drink! -not forgetting the cream on top too!
The Croque Madame is a wonderful creation and Beatons certainly do it justice, what's not to like about this dish? It’s not too large if you’re after a light lunch, but you can always order the Grande Monsieur if you’re feeling extra hungry! The soups are a close second though, I love all the different options we serve here.

And how about your favourite book from our shelves?
Although I am not a big reader, my passion is films and the making and directing of them. I have found it interesting looking through the books we stock about Cecil Beaton and his part in designing sets and costumes for famous films like My Fair Lady.

Which of the ways we like to go about things at Beatons means most to you and why?
I like the personal touch that comes with the Beatons service, and the fact that the team genuinely put the customer first. I also love how everyone is so close with each other in the team. I feel this is something rare in an establishment like this and makes the whole experience more fulfilling.

If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
I would like to be a house cat, they have a pretty easy time of it!