#beatonsbod: Liz - Panther and Poet!

Beatons ‘Bod’ - Liz Darcy Jones
What's your role and what do you like best about your job?
I'm Liz, and a Non-Executive Director ('NED') of the group and House Poet. I’ve worked with Beatons since 2011 – I run a consultancy which provides impeccable copy and strategic advice enterprises. During that time, I’ve worn all kinds of titles from House Poet, Press Officer to Director of Engagement.

What's your favorite drink or edible from our menu?
Hands down it’s The Gluten Free Afternoon High Tea called The Ascot. Being gluten intolerant it’s a real delight to find scones which are so crumbly and allowed! 

And how about your favourite book from our shelves?
A new favourite is 'Being Animal' by David Abram. It's like the best poetry but in prose and submerges you into the heart of what it is to be part of the planet and how everything is animate!

Which of the ways we like to go about things at Beatons means most to you and why?
The corporate side of my activities - Darcy Jones & Associates - help businesses find their 'true content' and underlying intangible wealth so I think it’s probably ‘restorative experience’ because that so clearly encapsulates what Beatons delivers, coupled with its unmistakable elegance. Simply walking into a Beatons reminds me of the graciousness I aspire to!

If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
In the past when asked, I’ve said a horse, but more and more I’m feeling like a black panther – so powerful, lithe and yet sensitive. This probably because I'm trained in Biodanza which integrates your body, mind and emotions in a way that makes you feel smooth and empowered!