#beatonsbod: An Osprey in Blandford!

What's your role and what do you like best about your job?
Hello my name is Duncan Bates. I work FOH (Front of House) in Blandford. My favourite part of the job so far is the relaxed and friendly atmosphere, especially now that I have escaped an 8-5 office ‘Rat Race.’

What's your favourite edible or drinkable from our menu?
My favourite edible so far has to be the chilli pepper parcel as I'm a spice addict, but the fantastic fresh ground coffee is a very close second, not to forget the fab cakes.

And how about your favourite book from our shelves?
I'm quite into my cooking so being able to browse the cook books is brilliant, when I have a few moments spare. The ladybird ‘how it works books’ always make me smile too.

Which of the ways we like to go about things at Beatons means most to you and why?
My favourite Beatons way has to be the relaxed courteous service. Everywhere else seems to focus on numbers and speed these days.

If you were an animal, bird or creeping creature what would you be and why?
I think it would have to be an osprey. I have a love of both the sea and air and can often be found out and about with my kites or surfboard, or both at the same time. 
  
What - outside work - makes your skin tingle?
Right now it’s the ring of steel over my anvil at home. My newest hobby and reason for career change is blacksmithing and being able to have time to focus on what I am passionate about is one of the best feelings ever.

If you could do one thing to change the world for the better what would it be?
To make people realise that money isn't the be all and end all. Being happy and relaxed is far more rewarding.